Financial Aid

Financial Aid

Financial Aid

Tuition assistance is frequently that important piece enabling students to pursue career training opportunities. The following information provides general descriptions of the various forms of financial assistance that may be available to you.


Federal Student Loans

Two student loan programs are provided by the federal government:

  1. William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program (Direct Loan)
  2. Federal Family Educational Loan Program (FFELP)

program offers three types of loans allowing for individual 
circumstances of students. Some federal loans do not require any 
payments until after graduation. In many cases, a student, and/or
parent, can borrow up to the full cost of training.

To submit a free application for Federal Student Aid, click here.

Alternative Student Loans

loans are private loans available through schools. Such loans may be
offered through a bank or issued directly by the school. For
information on Alternative Student Loans, please contact the financial
aid office at a selected MACCS school.


Federal Pell Grant

The maximum Pell Grant award for the 2011-12 award year (July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012) is $5,550. The grant is based upon financial need and is awarded only to undergraduate students not having earned a bachelor or professional degree.


(FSEOG) Eligibility is based upon exceptional financial need with a maximum value of $4,000 depending on when you apply, your level of need, and the funding level of the school you are attending.


Workforce Investment Act (Wia)

WIA is a federal program providing assistance to unemployed adults and dislocated workers (those affected by a plant closing or worker reduction). WIA may cover a significant portion of tuition costs. For more information on WIA, contact an Admissions Representative at a MACCS school for directions to the WIA or "Michigan WORKS!" agency nearest you.

Michigan Rehabilitation Services (Mrs)

MRS is responsible for the vocational rehabilitation of Michigan citizens who are physically or mentally impaired. MRS will arrange, provide, or purchase the services necessary to accomplish an individual’s employment plan. For information, call 1-800-605-6722 or contact an Admissions Representative at a MACCS school for referral to a local MRS

No Worker Left Behind Program

To qualify for the No Worker Left Behind (NWLB) Program, displaced workers will need to take a skills assessment test administered by Michigan Works! Agencies. Qualifying workers must pursue an associate's degree or attend a technical training program in a high-demand occupation, emerging industry, or entrepreneurship program.  High-demand occupations vary from region to region, however some common examples include health care, accounting and bookkeeping services, information technology, auto service technicians and mechanics.  For more detailed information on the NWLB program, contact Michigan Works! Agency at 1-800-285-WORK or visit their website at, or e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..


Installment Financing

Many schools permit students to make weekly, monthly, or quarterly installment payments over the course of their training with little or no interest charged. This may provide significant savings and enable a student to graduate and enter the job market free of tuition debt.

Visa And Master Card

Most schools will accept these two very popular credit cards for tuition payments. Check with your school for more information.


Some life insurance policies accumulate cash value and are designed for individuals to borrow funds from their own policy without adversely affecting the insurance coverage. Consult your Insurance Agent for more information.